Keep running and explore your surroundings
I started running at the end of 2008 as a way to get fit and lose weight and soon became hooked. Over the years I have increased the distances that I run and started taking on new challenges.
I love endurance running, getting out on the trails and off-road running. I've run over 15 marathons and ultra marathons and in 2017 I finally achieved my goal of running a sub-3 hour marathon in Paris, in a time of 02:52:32. I do a large percentage of my training runs off-road and enjoy documenting my running through photography whenever possible.
Through my running with Ipswich JAFFA Running Club I have been Course Director of the Ipswich Half Marathon over multiple years and the Race Director of the Ipswich Friday 5.
- Endurance Life Jurassic Quarter 46 miles - 1st - 7hrs 19mins
- London Marathon - PB - 2hrs 48mins
- Coastal Trail Seriers Suffolk 33 miles - 2nd - 4hrs 1mins
- Race to the Stones 100km - 6th overall - 9hrs 10mins
- Race to the Kings Double Marathon - 3rd overall - 8hrs 4mins
- Stour Valley Marathon - 1st - 3hrs 15mins
- Wings for Life World Run - UK 10th overall - 33.1 miles
- Essex 20 - Representing Suffolk
- Flitch Way Marathon - 2nd overall - 3hrs 8mins
- The Whole Hog Suffolk - 1st team
More miles and more challenges. In 2017 I ran 100km for the first time, I loved it and my plan is to keep pushing myself and increasing the ultra running distances. I also have some challenges lined up, keep an eye on the blog for details.